This tiny creature that the classic cartoon kid show “Tom and Jerry” epitomizes in the character of Jerry is as cute and lovable as any mice could ever be. But the cute and tiny description rests there. Mice or rodents aren’t the most desirable creatures to be seen in a household because of the danger it brings especially its urine and feces that could cause illness to anyone at home. Thus, it is advisable to know certain facts about it and then finding solutions as to how do you get rid of mice in your home with less stress.
There are two ways of how to get rid of mice in your home: one is to use toxic pellets to poison them and die; 2) using the natural ways to get rid of mice.
How do i get rid of mice:
- 1) Using the cat-and-mouse old school exterminator mode. This one is probably the friendliest and most practicable way to get rid of rodents without using an ounce of energy, time and money on your part. You just adopt and take care of the feline which naturally feeds on the tiny creature and presto, you will be surprised you won’t be seeing this tiny creature crawling on hallways, cabinets and even kitchen sinks.
With the absence of the mouse and the foul smell emitted from its feces and urine, you can be assured of a cleaner and healthier environment for all members of your family.
- The other one is about cleanliness. Like the adage that says “Cleanliness is next to Godliness” is apt to describe why there is a necessity to maintain a clean household every day. Rodents are allergic to squeaky clean floors, tables, kitchens, cabinets, and all the other nooks and crannies in your house. Especially for tables, make sure that after every meal, you are able to clean the table and erase all available smell of food and sweets. If rodents can’t smell dirt, then it is unlikely to travel on top of your dining table.
- Mothballs are also great deterrent to mice setting up house inside your kitchen cupboards, drawers and other storage spots. Place a desirable number on each of these places but never put too much since you will end up having cupboards and drawers smell of mothballs that even when you go out and wear your clothes, you will smell, obviously of mothballs.
- I learned recently that steel wool is a good deterrent that can be placed in access points of rats in order to block their way. The material is much harder for the rodent to gnaw through that other options like wood and newspaper.
- With mint plants placed on your foundation, you can prevent new mice from entering your house. If you are fighting off a mouse problem, sprinkle mint leaves in the parts of your home that the mice like to frequent. Mint is known to repel mice in most cases, but you must remember to replace old leaves with fresh ones on a regular basis.
- The smell of onions is learned to help some individuals solve their mouse problem because the rodents are said to find the odor offensive.
- Lastly, peanut butter is an effective way to entice your unwanted guest. Place it on a lay trap and use the peanut butter as bait. Since it is sticky, it is unable to swipe the butter before setting off a trap.
Now that you’re armed with a few things about traps and peanut butter as a no-no for mice, knowing how to get rid of mice in your home will be a lot easier.